Hawks Out of class: Isabella Trevino

Jacob Turner

Senior, Isabella Trevino is a member of the Rock Hill Indoor Drumline which is a part of the Rock Hill Blue Hawk Band. “I loved every single performance we did, because we got better after every single performance,” Trevino said. Pictured, she was painting on an easel for the show titled, School Daze, which was performed during the indoor showcase on March 24.

Senior Isabella Trevino talks to reporter Jacob Turner about her experience in high school band. “My favorite memory in high school band was either TMEA or performing at Grand Nationals finals my freshman year,” Trevino said. Isabella made it to Grand Nationals throughout high school as a freshman in the Prosper Mighty Eagle Band and made the All-State band on flute this year.

Hawks out of class is a feature column sharing the behind-the-scenes Blue Hawk talent at Rock Hill.

Isabella is a flutist and drum major for the Rock Hill Blue Hawk Band. Isabella is optimistic and outgoing. You can see Isabella helping out and creating friendships with other students everywhere you go. Her friends describe her as “funny, kind, and helpful.”

Hill Top Times: What was your favorite experience as an All-Stater this year?

Isabella Trevino: Going to TMEA [Texas Music Educators Association], everyone loves what they do there and being a part of that environment was just invigorating. I loved attending all the rehearsals and performing in the Lila Cockerel [a theater in San Antonio].

HT: As a 5th grader, why did you choose to participate in band instead of other fine art groups?

IT: I chose band because I always loved music and thought it was very cool to be able to play an instrument.

HT: What was your favorite memory in high school band?

IT: My favorite memory in high school band was either TMEA or performing at Grand Nationals finals my freshman year.

HT: What are your current plans for band during college? Are you going to pursue a major in music?

IT: My current plans are to go to OSU and major in music education.

HT: As a senior, what was your favorite memory this school year for band?

IT: I loved every single performance we did, because we got better after every performance. I loved seeing the joy on everyone’s faces after each run. It’s really beautiful.