National Art Honor Society host a plethora of fairs

2nd annual Arts & Craft fair on Saturday, Dec. 4, includes pottery, pets and a multicultural event

A flyer made by NAHS advisor Gina Mock illustrates information on the upcoming arts and crafts fair. “Local artists and vendors who specialize in crafts can come together to sell their products and grow their business,” junior and NAHS vice president Sami Medudula said. Vendor applications for a booth at the fair will be accepted until Dec. 1.

With the holiday season approaching, the National Art Honor Society is providing people with the opportunity to purchase last-minute handmade gifts.

Rock Hill High School’s National Art Honor Society will be hosting their annual Arts & Craft Fair on Saturday, Dec. 4, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The organization will be accepting vendor applications until Dec. 1 for the fair and is hoping to include local or Prosper ISD food trucks.

The winter craft fair is an opportunity for PISD students and community members to sell and display their artwork. Business members interested in selling their products at the fair must contact Rock Hill NAHS adviser Gina Mock at [email protected] to register for a booth space.

“The goal for every craft fair is to bring in revenue to support our group’s fun activities. However, my real focus is to bring the community together for a fun event that allows them to make memories with family and friends by attending something that has fun opportunities for all ages,” Mock said.

At the 2021 spring craft fair the fair included various products ranging from paintings to homemade lotions from Prosper ISD teachers, students, and community members. Some of the businesses present at the fair last year were The Artisan Bakery, Little Bumble Bee Studio, Grandma’s Cupboard, and Vita Verde Botanical.

“[This year] we will have over 26 vendors at this event selling items from homemade goodies, jewelry, ceramics, to clothing,” Mock said.

During the craft fair, children and families will also have the opportunity to participate in various workshops and experiment with multiple art forms. The Little Elves Pottery Painting will be one of the workshops at the fair. Held in room 1301 and run by NAHS students, participants will have the opportunity to purchase bisque-fired ceramic utensils and paint pottery pieces with glaze. Pottery pieces range from $1 to $15 getting. There will also be a wheel throwing opportunity in the courtyard if weather permits.

Additionally, families will have the chance to experience other cultures with the Multicultural Fair that coincides with the craft fair.

“Our goal was and still is to promote diversity and to educate the population about the different cultures that are represented here at Prosper ISD,” United Cultural Society member Zeeya Merchant said. “Last year, with many restrictions, we were not able to execute all the ideas that we had planned to do, but [with many restrictions] lifted, the fair will display what our original thoughts were.”

The cultural fair will include henna stands, food samplers from various cultures, and course cultural performances such as martial arts, dancing, and singing. If one is interested in representing your culture, contact Alleah Lovelle Oro at [email protected].

In addition to the craft fair and multicultural fair, there will also be a petting zoo similar to the year prior, thanks to a sponsorship from industrial automation company DK Controls LLC. And finally, there will also be an All-District Show held for the first time, featuring PISD artwork from kindergarten to High School.

“I’m excited to see art-minded and creative people come together and support NAHS,” NAHS vice president Sami Medudula said. “It’s great to see the event that we’ve been working hard on come together and the community enjoying [the fair].”